NOTICE of Meeting
Members of the County Executive Committee:
On Thursday, April 6, 2017, at 6:30 p.m., we will have a short meeting of the County Executive Committee. The primary purpose of this meeting is to confirm interim appointments of precinct chairs who have been appointed to fill vacancies since our last primary election. It is very important for all precinct chairs to attend this meeting to ensure that we have a quorum.
In addition, former County Chair Theron (Bujo) Waddell will provide a brief introduction to parliamentary procedure and Robert’s Rules of Order, Newly Revised, which is the parliamentary authority governing all Party Committee meetings and procedures, unless otherwise required by statute or by the Party Rules. This refresher will be helpful preparation for future meetings, including our 2018 County Convention.
As with all meetings of the Democratic Party, this meeting is open and everyone is welcome. However, as this is a meeting to conduct Party business, we will adhere strictly to the agenda until all business has been concluded. Also, we will make every effort to conclude the formal business part of the meeting within one hour, to accommodate those who need to drive before dark.
Warm Regards, C. John Young Jr. Chair
• Call to order by County Chair C. John Young, Jr.
• Pledge of Allegiance of the United States
• Roll call of precinct chairs by Secretary Loretta Davis, and confirmation of quorum
• Introduction of precinct chair appointees who are pending confirmation (name, precinct, and brief self-introduction, not to exceed 45 seconds each)
• Vote of confirmation on interim precinct chair appointments, followed by oath of office.
• Presentation on parliamentary procedure and Robert’s Rules of Order, Newly Revised, by former County Chair Theron (Bujo) Waddell
This concludes the business portion of the meeting, and the CEC Meeting will adjourn. As time permits, we will then continue with an open meeting for all members of the Galveston County Democratic Party. Topics for possible discussion now or at future meetings include:
- Frequency and times for future GCDP open meetings
- Campaign Support and Coordination for May 6, 2016 Local Elections
- Precinct Chair Development
Creation of Precinct Chair Recruitment Committee
Creation of Precinct Chair Training Committee
Precinct Chair Orientation
- Planning for 2018 Strategy
Candidate recruitment and training
All members of the Galveston County Democratic Party and the public at large are invited to attend this meeting. Discussion and voting privileges are reserved for members of the Executive Committee until conclusion of the formal agenda.
Special thanks to Christy Callahan for assistance in arranging the venue and program.